Ruidoso Jockey Club, Inc. was officially chartered in 1954 as a private club and meeting place by a group of horsemen brought together through a shared passion for Ruidoso Downs racing. Initially, stock in the organization was sold to individuals for $500 per share with a goal to see the track debt free. In 1963 the minority stockholders waged a run on control and took over the management in 1963-64. The number of shares authorized was changed twice and in 1972 came to the present authorization of 400 shares. Ensure the future of Ruidoso Downs racing and become a member today.
With the exception of exclusive members-only events, non-members are welcome to dine after racing or purchase a single visit day pass to the club. For more details, including the club dress code, please visit our FAQ page.